Work experience gained between 2011- May 2018 was gained whilst working for Umsizi and EOH CES.
EXPERIENCE IN SOCIO-ECONOMIC BASELINE STUDIES/SURVEYS (SEBS)
- 2019: Liberia Forest Sector Project. Socio-Economic Baseline Study and Feasibility Study Coordination. This projects involves the establishment of three Proposed Protected Areas (PPAs) in Liberia, and I have been contracted by Green Consultancy as the principal social scientist undertaking three separate SEBSs; one for each of the proposed areas. The SEBSs include significant household surveying components across three different parts of Liberia. I am also responsible for the final report coordination and layout of the overall feasibility study for the project, which involves merging other fauna and flora specialist reports.
- 2019: Savannah Commercial Irrigation and Smallholder Development Project: Socio-Economic Baseline Studies and Basic Land Use Assessment. Ghane. Appointed by Agricane. The client is Integrated Water and Agricultural Management Development (IWAD) Ghana Ltd.
- 2018: I was the report writer for a SEBS for Conservation International (CI) in collaboration with Liberia’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Improving Sustainability of Mangrove Forests and Coastal Mangrove Areas in Liberia through Protection, Planning and Livelihood Creation. I was contracted by Green Consultancy Inc. in Liberia to compile the SEBS report.
- 2014-2015: SEBS and Social Action Plan for the Bisie Tin Mining Project for Alphamin Resources Corp in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- 2013-2014: Lesotho Highlands Development Programme (LHDP). I was involved in finalising the proposal for undertaking a Socio-Economic Baseline Study of the LPDP, after which my previous company was awarded the contract.
- 2012: SEBS for Liberian Palm Developments (LPD) oil palm estate projects (Liberia).
- Eskom Holdings South Africa. Conducted extensive desktop research and compiled with a team of specialists a Socio-Economic Development (SED) Research Report and Framework.
- Tendele Mining Group. Conducting a SEBS of both the employees and labour-sending and surrounding communities of the Somkhele Mine in KwaZulu-Natal [Tendele Mining group] in 2010. Compilation of a community SEBS Report, an Employee SEBS Report as well as an Integrated Sustainable Management Framework Report. I was a fieldwork coordinator for this project for about 15 fieldworkers. The work was done with a team of specialists.
- 2011. Eskom Holdings South Africa. Conducted research (face-to-face interviews and focus groups) of the new Eskom building plant, Kusile, and compiling a SEBS Report for the new station’s labour-sending and surrounding communities. The work was done with a team of specialists.
EXPERIENCE IN HEALTH IMPACT ASSESSMENTS (HIAS) AND RELATED
- 2016: Community Health and Safety Management Plan for Crookes Brothers in the Zambezi Province of Mozambique.
- 2015-2016: HIA for Triton Minerals Nicanda Hill Graphite Project (Mozambique).
- 2015-2016: HIA for Triton Minerals Ancuabe Project (Mozambique).
- 2014-2015: HIA for the Bisie Tin Project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) for Mining Processing Congo (MPC) SPRL and Alphamin Resources Corp.
EXPERIENCE IN RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLANS (RAPS) AND RELATED
- 2019: RAP Audit for the Kisumu-Kakamega-Webuye-Kitale-(A1) Road for the Kenya National Highways Authority. Appointed by PANAFCON Ltd (Nairobi, Kenya).
- 2018: East African Crude Oil Project (EACOP), Total East Africa Midstream (TEAM) B.V., an affiliate of Total SA. EACOP RAP Implementation Coordinator for the priority areas/early works (2018-2019).
- 2018: East African Crude Oil Project (EACOP), Total East Africa Midstream (TEAM) B.V., an affiliate of Total SA. EACOP RAP Land Surveying Supervisor in Tanzania (on-site for two months).
- 2016-2018: Kenmare Pilivili Extension RAP for Kenmare Moma (Mozambique) (physical and economic resettlement).
- 2015-2017: RAP for the Tete Iron Ore Project for Baobab Resources in the Tete Province of Mozambique.
- 2016-2018: Montepuez Graphite Mining Project RAP for Suni Resources and Battery Minerals (Mozambique).
- 2016-2017: Ancuabe Graphite Mining Project RAP for Triton Minerals and Grafex (Mozambique).
- 2017-2018: Landholding Surveys and Asset Inventories for Impacto Lda. for the Moatize-Macuse Railway and Port Resettlement Project in Mozambique.
- 2016: Alternative Host Site Assessment for Baobab Resources’ RAP (Mozambique).
- 2016: Designing and Establishing a Land Moratorium for a Mining Development for Metals of Africa (Mozambique).
- 2015-2016: RAP for Crookes Brothers in the Zambezi Province of Mozambique.
- 2016: Crookes RAP Compensation Payments (Mozambique).
- 2016: Mocuba Solar Panel Project Compensation Payments for Impacto Lda., Mozambique.
- 2015: RAP for Triton Minerals Nicanda Hill Graphite Project (Mozambique).
- 2015: Due Diligence for the Draft RAP for the Capitol Resources Iron Ore Project (Mozambique).
- 2015: Socio-Economic Census and Landholding Assessments as part of a broader RAP for Royal Haskoning DHV, Mozambique.
- 2013-2015: RAP for EcoFarm Lda. Irrigation and Sugarcane Scheme, Mozambique.
- 2013-2014: RAP for LPD Oil Palm Estate Project (Liberia).
- 2013-2015: RAP for Syrah Resources Ltd. in Mozambique.
- 2013-2014: RAP for Lurio Green Resources (LGR) in Mozambique.
EXPERIENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (ESHIA)
- 2014. Part of a team that conducted an ESIA for the Garoua and Maroua oil mills in Cameroon for Society of the Development Corporation of Cotton (SODECOTON).
- 2012-2013: Part of a team that conducted an ESHIA for the LPD oil palm estate projects (Liberia).
- Green Resource Niassa: Niassa Green Resources Plantation Project in Mozambique. Assisted with the report compilation of the ESHIA.
- 2012: Environmental and Social Due Diligence for First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
EXPERIENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING
- 2019: Liberia: State of the Environmental Report (SoER) (2016 – 2020) and Natioonal Envirenmental Action Plan (NEP) 2016-2020. JAH Consulting has been appointed by Green Consultancy Incorporated to oversee the socio-economic data collection and report wrting sections of the SoER and NEP.
EXPERIENCE IN SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENTS (SIAs)
- 2016: SIA for Metals for Africa for their Montepuez Mining Project.
- 2015-2016: SIA for Triton Minerals Ancuabe Project (Mozambique).
- 2015: SIA for the proposed Biogas Plant at the Fishwater Flats Wastewater Treatment Works (Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality).
- 2014-2015: SIA for the Bisie Tin Project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) for Mining Processing Congo (MPC) SPRL and Alphamin Resources Corp.
- 2015: SIA for Triton Minerals Nicanda Hill Graphite Project (Mozambique).
- 2015: SIA for Hydro SA Riemvasmaak Project in South Africa for RVM 1 Hydro Electric Power Pty Ltd. (I was involved in working through the socio-economic impacts).
- 2014: SIA for Zirco Resources Pty Ltd. (South Africa).
- 2014: SIA for Mainstream South Africa (Waaihoek Wind Energy Facility) (South Africa).
- 2013: SIA for LPD oil palm estate projects (Liberia).
- 2013: SIA for Syrah Resources Ltd. in Mozambique.
- 2013: SIA for EcoFarm Lda. Irrigation and Sugarcane Scheme, Mozambique.
- 2012: SIA for Samshi Ltd. (Sierra Leone).
EXPERIENCE IN GRAVE RELOCATION
- 2019-2020: South Africa. N1 Grave Relocation Project Stakeholder Engagement Programme. JAH Consulting has been appointed by G&H Heritage (Pty) Ltd. to undertake the stakeholder engagement component for the grave relocation project. The engagements are being done to in accordance with the National Heritage Resources Act (NHRA) No. 25 of 1999.
- 2019: South Africa: Koffiefontein Grave Relocation Stakeholder Engagement Programme. JAH Consulting has been appointed by the G&H Heritage (Pty)Ltd. to undertake the stakeholder engagement component for a grave relocation project for Koffiefontein Mine in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. The mine is owned by Petra Diamonds. The engagements are being done to in accordance with the National Heritgae Resources Act (NHRA) No 25 of 1999.
- 2019: South Africa: Brakpan Old Location Township Development Grave Removal Project. JAH Consulting has been appointed by G&H Heritage (Pty) Ltd. to undertake the stakeholder engagement component for this grave relocation project.
EXPERIENCE IN SOCIAL DUE DILIGENCE
- 2012: Lender group: Environmental and Social Due Diligence Gap-Analysis for the Kabompo Gorge Hydro-Electric Power Project in Zambia.
- 2012: First Quantum Minerals Ltd: Social Due Diligence Gap-Analysis in accordance with the Performance Standards (PS) of the IFC.